- FIRST USE // The first time you light your Simple Retreat candle, make sure the wax liquefies to the edges of the jar (about 1.5 hrs to do so). No one likes their wax to tunnel!
- Don't touch the candle glass whilst lit- it can get quite hot.
- Keep the candle well out of reach of little hands and paws, but always keep an eye on it.
- Try not to let the candle burn for more than 3 hours at a time - this prevents the jar from overheating- lets avoid this kind of firework!
- Give the tip of the wick a trim before using each use candle. I failed to do so on a couple of occasions and the tip curls back into the wax making it impossible to re-light!
- Keep out of direct sunlight to prevent the wax from sweating (and please do not leave your candle sitting in a hot car!)
- When unused, store your candle in a cool, dark location. Using the lid avoids dusty candle surfaces.
- Discontinue using your candle when roughly 15mm of wax remains at the base of the jar. Your glass jar is at risk of overheating and could lead to cracking. Wash your jar with warm, soapy water and it's as good as new for any other purpose!
- Due to the raw nature of soy wax, it is sensitive to room temperature and may lead to cracks in the wax, sweating in the heat or poor glass adhesion. This will not affect the burn of your candle.
- Your candle has a life span of up to 5 years if cared for and stored correctly.
**Each order will contain a brief leaflet that outlines the above candle care recommendations to make things easier!